Saturday 30 November 2013

Postcards from Ted #4

"National Gallery, London." British postcard no.21299. 

Here is the last postcard and message I have in my collection from Ted...

"In the trenches, France, July 8th 1916.

Dear Vera,
I was very pleased indeed to receive your note, also the photo and glad to know you are doing so well. The roaring of these big guns gets on ones nerves but its all in the game. I visited this place while in London and while there I thoroughly enjoyed myself and everybody I met made me so welcome. I was beginning to think I was home for good. It was too good to be true, never mind, what does it matter as long as we win and I am sure of that someday. Live in hope. I am in splendid health and spirits and thats everything. I am always wondering how you are all doing. I had word from (home) and they are all splendid thank god. So bye bye, I remain your sincere friend, Ted, xxxxx"

No comments:

Post a Comment